Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Throw Back Thursday & Woes of Being 30

I just found a picture of myself, skimming through old photos to find a really neat "throw back Thursday," picture to post onto my Facebook wall.  Reading that outloud makes me feel pretty cool.

In doing so, I stumbled upon a gem.  Literally, I am going to toot my own horn and say wow.  Who in the hell is that???  That effortless attempt I made for my senior high school pictures.



When I throw myself back into time and think about the prep work I did for my senior pictures in high school I feel happy.  It was a warm August summer afternoon.  I had a summer of mowing lawns and going to the pool on my skin.  I had morning volleyball practice already checked off my to-do list and I simply showered to get ready before we headed over to Fairmont (a nearby town) where my photographer met us at a park to take outdoor pictures.

If I remember correctly, I scrunched some hair gel into my hair.  Put on some eye make-up and some bronzer.  Picked out a top that I thought was pretty and my favorite necklace at the time. Moments before shooting photos I put on some lip gloss.  Done.

Why is it, that within a range of twelve years that effortless amount of work suddenly turns into weeks of planning.  Right now?  If I were to be in an intentional photoshoot I would immediately start to applying self-tanner.  I would probably try to adjust my facial regimen to include intense acne fighting and anti-aging attempts for any nasty fine lines that might want to pop up from now until photo time.

This is the first instance of turning thirty years old this year, that makes me want to punch a punching bag.  Part of life, part of life.  Yes, I know.  It doesn't make it suck less!

Don't mind me.  If you feel the earth shift tonight because of the amount of nighttime facial cream I have plastered onto my face tonight, just know that I am prepping for a photoshoot this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment